Sunday, March 18, 2012

Jasmine

Hi,

 My name is Jasmine Jones and I am a first year at Hamline. Sorry that I am introducing myself so late. I am a pre-med major with a primary in criminal Justice and Forensic science. After graduation I plan on attending medical school to become a forensic pathologist. I wanted to attend this trip because I have always wanted to do community service but I have never really had a chance to. I also think that giving back to your community is an important part of being human. It makes me righteously angry when I see people living in poor conditions because I believe that food is a right not a privilege. That is why it is so important that people give back to their community. I feel that the least that I can do to help lessen the burden of hopelessness is give up my spring break to serve. I am really excited for this trip because I know that at the end of the day that the smile that I see on the faces of the people that I am serving makes everything worth it. I am very optimistic about the future and I hope that next year more people will be able to gain this experience.

Thanks,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment